Statewide School Closure Extended through April 7, 2020
Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker has extended the statewide school closure through April 7th. Following our Spring Break period Kankakee School District 111 will be conducting Learning Anywhere/Anytime beginning on Thursday, April 2.
School Food Service in District 111 will resume on Monday, March 30. Meals will be served from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM at four school locations: Kennedy Middle School, Kankakee High School, Lincoln Cultural Center and Kankakee Junior High School.
UPDATED 3/19/2020 at 1:30 PM
UPDATED 3/13/2020 at 5:30PM
Kankakee School District 111 is creating plans to comply with Gov. Pritzker’s most recent directives concerning COVID-19 precautions for schools. The Governor has called for K-12 schools to be closed beginning Tuesday, March 17 through Monday, March 30. All staff should be in communication with supervisors or building principals to coordinate work plans and responsibilities.
Monday, March 16
- Parents will have the option to send students to school or keep them at home. This time at school can be used to complete work for the third quarter. For example, a high school parent may decide to send their student on Monday in order to meet with teachers and be sure that work is up to date for all classes.
- Teachers and staff will work as normal on Monday.
- Scheduled bus service and school meals will be available as normal on Monday.
Tuesday, March 17 – Friday, March 20
- Students can use these days to work online in order to finish work for the third quarter. Teachers should be available to assist students in completing this work.
- Teachers will be asked to use professional judgement and work in cooperation with building administrators to determine work schedules.
- On Tuesday and Wednesday students will be able to access breakfast and lunch in District 111. We will have more details on Monday for locations and times for meals.
Monday, March 23 – Friday, March 27
- Schools buildings will be closed to students and staff with the exception of custodial staff.
- These days will be used to conduct a deep cleaning in all of our buildings in an effort to make healthier environments students return.
- Students will be allowed to use these days to complete online work for the third quarter.
Monday, March 30
- On Monday, March 30 students will be able to access breakfast and lunch in District 111. We will be releasing more details for locations and times for meals.
- Buildings will reopen after the Spring break.
Tuesday, March 31
- Currently, March 31 is set as the date students and staff will return to school.
- This will be the first day of the fourth quarter.